Friday, January 29, 2010

Owen and the Ambulance

I was driving an ambulance. My partner was Owen Wilson. It was icy out from a recent snowstorm and we skid out of control and crashed driving onto the top level of a parking garage. Owen and I stumble out of the ambulance, trying to get away from the cops who are chasing us.

We run down the parking garage, dodging ice and having a fascinating intellectual conversation (part of which is unintelligible to me). After doing this for some time we are still on the top level. Owen (who is now John Schuck, in his role as Capt. "Painless" Waldowski from MASH, complete with a cigar) finds an old car hood, and rides down and around the slope of the parking garage on it like a sled. Unfortunately the recent earthquake turned the garage into something out of an Escher print. We he gets out of sight there is a bang and a yelp, and he pops back up in the air and lands right in front of me.

We walk down and get to the dark overhang of the next level, looking very much like a cave. We hesitate before sneaking into the darkness. Creeping around the corner, we find the cop who had been chasing us. His leg is injured such that he is standing up but he can't move. We walk past him and he orders us to stop. My partner (back to being Owen Wilson) keeps walking. The cop keeps saying "Don't move, Blue!" Owen is wearing a red motorcycle outfit, so the cop must mean me, but I'm not moving.

Owen is walking carefully sideways along the edge. All of a sudden he jumps for it. I walk over to the edge and look down. The back of his head is totally caved in, but he is still alive, mumbling apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment